In
my last class, SWBAT give and ask for direction correctly by practicing oral
activities was my main objective, so I tried to plan as much oral activities as
possible for them to speak during the whole class. My favorite and relevant
part of the class was an activity in which students worked on the floor. I asked
students to make 4 groups of 7, get together, and take a sit on the floor;
then, I provided students a huge map of a town, some hot wheels toys, and some
questions. When having the students with the materials, I utilized the cannon
project in order to screen the huge map on the board; also, I asked a student “I
am at UNICAES. How can I get to the beach”, and then the student I asked had to
give me the direction; but, while she was giving the direction, I used a toy in
order to perform what she was saying by moving my toy on road given. She did it
pretty well, so I invited students to get a toy and do the same by taking turns
in their groups. I did not want to stop the activity because they were having
fun, and I was interacting with them by playing in each group as well; however,
after several minutes, I asked them to select two representatives from each
group and to pass to the front for them to develop what I did in the example.
By the way they did a well-done job.
The
use of realia is really recommendable when teaching directions and I say this
because my students work, understand, and get the idea quickly when developing
my activities. Besides, I think that the usage of this activity is important
because students are supported by others when having a problem; also, they can
correct themselves because while they are giving a direction, they can see what
they are saying and correct at the time if they are not doing it well.
Based
on what I have observed, I think that students generally learn better when they
work in small groups; also, they do not get frustrated when doing something
incorrectly because others can support them and give them options in order to
improve what they are doing at that moment. Besides, the usage of realia is
pretty nice because students manipulate and control every step of the activity.
Indeed, students´ learning process is motivated because they do not feel like
they cannot do something as in worksheet in which they have to fill the blank,
and they know that there is just an answer. In brief, for me and my tutor, this
class was almost perfect because of some little mistakes; and I am sure that I
fulfilled my objective because they worked well and spoke a 75% of the class.
To
finish up, I will include more realia in my future classes because I am sure
that it will help my students´ learning process. In addition, the next time I
teach this lesson, I will not stop the activity if my students are having fun
and enjoying the activity; also, I will include a well-designed map in order to
students have more streets, avenues, places, roundabout, and so on.

I think you did a great job with the group Lucas because the activities you included in the class. Also, the use of realian and technology was very important because this helped you to mantain engaged the students in the activity. It is pretty nice to see the students when they like the activity and they want to keep on working on that. Keep on working in that way Lucas. Great job!!
ResponderEliminarThat is a very good way in which you tought them because the engage of students in every activity is nice. Good job Lucas
ResponderEliminarThat is a very good way in which you tought them because the engage of students in every activity is nice. Good job Lucas
ResponderEliminar